Friday, January 10, 2014

day 10

day ten: "what you think when you hear the words 'be yourself'.."
 
"to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" --ralph waldo emerson

I've loved that quote ever since I can remember. But the answer to the challenge question today is simple...when i hear the words "be yourself" I instantly think of being the person I've always been...and not changing for anything or anyone. being myself means...

*i'm kind-hearted.
*i'm a friend you'd be dumb not to keep.
*i'm one to always want to help out.
*i'm a give-second-chances (and third, and fourth, etc) kinda girl.
*i'm NOT a risk taker...
*i'm over emotional at times (ok...all the time).
*i have jealous tendencies.
*i hate letting others down.
*i always, always put the people I care about before myself.

THAT is what being myself means to me. I try not to let the influence of others change that..though I think we've all been guilty of that once or twice in our lives. no matter if I do stray away from "myself", it never takes long to figure out that it's not who I am and I snap back into my TRUE self.

No comments:

Post a Comment